Optus is investigating the possible unauthorized access of current and former customers’ information following a cyberattack, Singtel says on SGX.
- Information which may have been exposed includes customers’ names, dates of birth, phone numbers, email addresses
- For a subset of customers, addresses, ID document numbers such as driver’s license or passport numbers may have been exposed
- Payment detail and account passwords have not been compromised
- Has also notified key financial institutions about this matter
- Optus is working with the Australian Cyber Security Centre; has notified Australian Federal Police and key regulators
- Optus services, including mobile and home internet, remain safe ...