Live Nation Deadly Concert Crush Spurs Fight Over Who’s to Blame

Nov. 8, 2021, 10:12 PM UTC

Live Nation Entertainment Inc. is being targeted by more than a dozen lawsuits over the deadly crush of concertgoers at the promoter’s Astroworld Festival in Houston last week, but at least one expert says it may be too early to know who’s at fault.

Stan Kephart, a former police officer whose consulting company has worked on crowd-management probes for more than three decades, said in situations like Astroworld the greatest legal risk lies with performers and the cities that approve the events. U.S. rapper Travis Scott was performing at the concert Nov. 5 when eight people died.

Crucial evidence will ...

Learn more about Bloomberg Law or Log In to keep reading:

See Breaking News in Context

Bloomberg Law provides trusted coverage of current events enhanced with legal analysis.

Already a subscriber?

Log in to keep reading or access research tools and resources.