The following are personnel changes and other news recently announced by prominent intellectual property law firms and other IP-related organizations:
• New York-based Kevin Goering has been promoted to a partner in Mintz & Gold LLP’s media, intellectual property, and freedom of information laws group.
• IP attorney Jeffrey Whittle has left Hogan Lovells US LLP to join Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP‘s new Houston office as managing partner. IP attorney Joshua Davis has left Reed Smith LLP to also join Womble Bond Dickinson in Houston as a partner.
• Russell Cass, a senior counsel in Clark Hill PLC‘s intellectual property practice group, has been appointed as an administrative patent judge on the Patent Trial and Appeal Board of the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, Alexandria, Va., effective Feb. 4.
• IP attorney Jonathan Harder has left Lowenstein Sandler LLP to join Dickinson Wright PLLC, Sunnyvale, Calif., as of counsel.
• Caldwell Cassady & Curry has promoted Dallas-based IP attorneys Chris Stewart and John Summers to principals.
• Hogan Lovells US LLP has named IP litigator Clay James office managing partner for the firm’s San Francisco office.
• IP trial attorney Scott Oliver has left Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP to join Greenberg Traurig LLP, East Palo Alto, Calif., as a shareholder.
• Patent attorney Michael Sartori, previously at Venable LLP, has joined Baker Botts LLP’s intellectual property practice as a partner based in Washington.
• IP litigators Steven Rizzi and Ramy Hanna have left Foley & Lardner LLP to join King & Spalding LLP, New York, as partners in the firm’s trial and global disputes practice group.
• IP litigators Joseph Diamante and Charles Cantine have left King & Spalding LLP to join Troutman Sanders LLP, New York, as partners in the firm’s intellectual property practice.
• Trademark and copyright attorney Lisa Parker Gate has left Baker McKenzie to join Dinsmore & Shohl LLP, Chicago, as a partner.
To read more from IP Law News pleaseOR Request Trial