World Leaders Scope Out US’s Next Steps After Trump Tariff Loss

Feb. 21, 2026, 10:18 AM UTC

Governments around the world reacted with caution after the US Supreme Court invalidated President Donald Trump’s broad emergency tariffs, with some reaffirming existing agreements and others taking a wait-and-see approach to evaluate his next steps.

South Korea said the ruling voids the 15% “reciprocal” tariff currently applied to its goods, while adding that it would continue talks on the implementation of last year’s trade agreement. Indonesia, which finalized its deal on Thursday locking in a 19% duty on its American exports, said it’s monitoring the court decision and Trump’s subsequent move to impose a 10% global tariff under a ...

Learn more about Bloomberg Law or Log In to keep reading:

See Breaking News in Context

Bloomberg Law provides trusted coverage of current events enhanced with legal analysis.

Already a subscriber?

Log in to keep reading or access research tools and resources.