We’re thrilled to announce a call for nominations for Bloomberg Law’s new award, Pro Bono Innovators.
We seek to recognize a selection of law firms, companies and non-profit organizations that are successfully innovating in their approaches to pro bono client service. We seek to celebrate lawyers across the U.S. and beyond working to uphold the rule of law for underserved communities.
We’re looking for industry leading pro bono matters across a range of practice areas that would encompass these elements:
- The matters resulted in broad societal impact, through a legal or policy change.
- The matters involved innovative teamwork between law firms, companies and/or non-profits.
- The difficulty of the matters resolved required lawyers to expend a significant amount of time, strategy and ingenuity to solve them.
- The matters benefited from the perspectives of diverse legal teams. (Those teams may include lawyers who are diverse in gender, geography, race, culture, ability and/or orientation. They may also include lawyers who are collaborating across a range of practice areas and/or law firms.)
- Please include descriptions of at least 4 significant pro bono matters that your team(s) resolved between Nov. 18, 2020 and Nov. 18, 2021.
- You may also include descriptions of up to 2 matters that are ongoing. In that event, include a description of any interim successes achieved for your client(s) in those ongoing matters.
- List the lawyers involved and detail if co-counsel participated in each matter submitted. If the matters included the participation of co-counsel, describe the respective percentage of work each firm or entity handled. Word count: Do not exceed 1500 words total for the pro bono matter descriptions and counsel listings.
- Include a brief summary of the firm, company or non profit’s pro bono history. Word count: Do not exceed 500 words for this summary.
- You may also submit supporting documents such as news clips or brief recommendation letters from pro bono clients. Word count: Letters from clients should not exceed 500 words each. And limit the total length of supplemental documents to four pages or less.
- Nomination Limits: A law firm, company or non-profit may send in one submission representative of the pro bono work of that entity from Nov. 18, 2020 to Nov. 18, 2021. Our judges will not consider multiple submissions from the same law firm, company or non-profit.
- Word count: Please note, word count will be strictly observed.
Please send your submissions to email@example.com by Monday, Feb. 28, 2022. (Deadline extended from Feb. 18). For any questions about this award, contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact the reporter on this story: