Dentons has announced a spate of new leadership appointments, effective Jan. 1, 2017.
Here’s a list of bullet points for the most relevant facts, according to Dentons’ press release.
• Mike McNamara, U.S. Managing Partner, has been named U.S. Chief Executive Officer.
• Jeff Haidet, currently a U.S. Co-Chief Executive Officer, will become U.S. Chair.
• Peter Wolfson, currently a U.S. Co-Chief Executive Officer, will become a Global Vice Chair. He will continue his legal practice, despite his new management position.
• McNamara will join Dentons’ Global Board and Global Management Committee.
• Haidet and Wolfson will remain members of the U.S. and Global Boards.
Dentons provided a brief bio on each of the three appointments.
McNamara, who joined the Firm in 2002, has served as US Managing Partner for five years, leading Dentons through multiple phases of development in the US, including the 2015 merger with McKenna Long. He is one of the founding Partners and past chair of the Firm’s Public Policy and Regulation practice, and he has held a number of senior leadership roles, including US Integration Partner for the 2010 combination between Sonnenschein and Denton Wilde Sapte that created SNR Denton, and chair of the global Government sector.
Prior to merging with Dentons, Haidet served with distinction for more than a decade as Chair of McKenna Long, which he joined in 1985. Haidet’s client practice focuses on domestic and international commercial transactions for a variety of corporate clients. He acts as chief outside legal counsel for several of the Firm’s clients and manages numerous internal investigations and special committee representations.
Wolfson joined the Firm in 2001 and has been centrally engaged in virtually all of the Firm’s growth initiatives for 15 years. He has more than 30 years’ experience in representing high-profile debtors, creditor and bondholder committees, equity committees, plan sponsors, asset purchasers and other parties of interest in out-of-court restructurings and Chapter 11 cases.
Write to us with legal industry news at BigLawBusiness@bna.com.