Burford Capital reported total income for the full year that missed the average analyst estimate.
2021 YEAR RESULTS
- Total income $152.2 million, -58% y/y, estimate $168 million (
- Loss after tax $72.1 million vs. profit $165.1 million y/y
- Final dividend per share 6.25c
- Pretax loss $59.4 million vs. profit $210.2 million y/y
- Operating expenses $145.8 million, +21% y/y
COMMENTARY AND CONTEXT
- “Though it was a slower year for realized gains, contributing to our 2021 loss, there were few adverse developments to cause either realized or unrealized losses and the portfolio remains well positioned,” CEO Christopher Bogart says ...