Amazon.com said that “large companies are not dominant by definition, and the presumption that success can only be the result of anti-competitive behavior is simply wrong.”
- Retail is thriving and “extraordinarily” competitive
- Online and physical retail channels are not distinct markets
- Amazon and the small and medium-sized businesses in its store have a mutually beneficial relationship, while customers gain from convenience
- At Amazon, private-label goods are 1% of sales
- “Ill-conceived ideas would revive, via regulation, the failed two-store model that Amazon tried two decades ago”
House Democrats Urge Internet Giants’ Breakup in Antitrust Plan
To view the source of ...