The following are personnel changes and other news recently announced by prominent intellectual property law firms and other IP-related organizations:
• Patent litigator Barbara Mullin, previously at Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, has joined Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP, New York, as a special counsel in the firm’s litigation team.
• Trademark and advertising attorney Tywanda Lord, a partner at Kilpatrick Townsend and Stockton LLP, Atlanta, has been appointed to the firm’s executive committee.
• Palo Alto, California-based Philip Ou has been promoted to partner at Paul Hastings LLP‘s intellectual property practice.
• Intellectual property and business litigator Andrea Fair has been promoted to partner at Ward, Smith & Hill PLLC, Longview, Texas.
• IP, technology and commercial litigator Ian Shelton has left Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP to join Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP, Austin, Texas, as counsel in the firm’s litigation practice group.
• John Benjamin has left DWF LLP to join Duane Morris LLP, London, as a partner in the firm’s intellectual property practice group.
• Patent attorneys Michael Shuster and Kevin Kabler have left at Fenwick & West LLP to join Goodwin Procter LLP, San Francisco, in the firm’s life sciences practice.