The following are personnel changes and other news recently announced by prominent intellectual property law firms and other IP-related organizations:
• Kaitlin Soye has left McCarthy Tétrault LLP to join Lenczner Slaght Royce Smith Griffin LLP, Toronto, as a lawyer in the firm’s intellectual property and commercial litigation practice groups.
• Andrew Rankine has left Ashurst LLP to join Jones Day, Sydney, as a partner in the firm’s intellectual property practice.
• IP and commercial litigator Aliza Karetnick has left Duane Morris LLP to join Ballard Spahr, Philadelphia, as a partner.
• Michael J. Songer has left Crowell & Moring LLP to join White & Case LLP, Washington D.C., as a partner in the firm’s intellectual property group.
• Haynes and Boone LLP has promoted four IP attorneys to counsel: Dina Blikshteyn in New York; Thuc Nguyen in Austin, Texas; Eric Li and Rachel Davis in Richardson, Texas.