Cochlear says a complaint for patent infringement has been filed by the University of Pittsburgh in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas, Waco division.
- The complaint names Cochlear Ltd. and U.S. subsidiaries, Cochlear Americas Corp. and Cochlear Clinical Services LLC, as defendants
- Cochlear believes that none of its products infringe the university’s patent and will defend the lawsuit
- Cochlear’s legacy products and related patents predate the university’s patent by several years
- These earlier legacy products and patents embody the alleged invention of the patent and, accordingly, Cochlear believes the patent is invalid
- The asserted patent is ...