Welcome

PG&E Ducks California Site Examiner’s Soil Spore Negligence Case

June 10, 2021, 8:43 PM

A pipeline inspector who alleges he got sick while working for Pacific Gas & Electric Co. in California failed to show that he inhaled the spores that caused his disease while on the company’s worksite, a state appellate court said Thursday.

Juan Perez said he was diagnosed with Valley Fever while working on a PG&E natural gas pipeline. Valley Fever is caused by a naturally occurring soil fungus common to the southern California region where Perez lived and worked. He sued the company for negligence, alleging it failed to warn him about, and take measures to minimize, his risk of ...

To read the full article log in. To learn more about a subscription click here.