Bloomberg Tax
Free Newsletter Sign Up
Login
BROWSE
Bloomberg Tax
Welcome
Login
Advanced Search Go
Free Newsletter Sign Up

Switzerland Plans to Share OECD Minimum Tax Profits With Cantons

June 23, 2022, 7:30 AM

The Swiss government plans to give to its cantons most of the profits from the new minimum tax agreement forged among members of the Paris-based Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.

Beginning January 2024 the Swiss tax authorities will levy a 15% minimum tax on companies with worldwide income exceeding 750 million euros ($792 million).

The federal government said it will take 25% of the supplementary tax and Switzerland’s 26 cantons will receive the remaining 75%, according to the statement. Swiss cantonal officials may decide how to use the funds in order to safeguard their appeal as a business location. ...