Good afternoon. Here’s what you need to know to end your day.
- First Republic Bank survives, but still needs to find a way forward.
- US short-term inflation expectations fell to a nearly two-year low.
- Google employees are petitioning for better handling of job cuts.
What a whirlwind of a week. First Republic Bank staved off a potential collapse for now, but it’s done little to soothe
- The troubled lender—down 81% this year—is in talks to raise money from other banks or private equity firms by issuing new shares, the NYT reported.
- Bill Ackman says he hears BofA may buy ...