Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe announced the names of 13 of the 20 partners joining to open its Houston office, its 25th worldwide.
The partners come from a wide range of firms: McDermott Will & Emery, DLA Piper, McGuireWoods, Haynes and Boone, Susman Godfrey and Andrews Kurth, the firm said in a release.
They also span several practice areas, including energy and infrastructure, intellectual property, litigation and public finance.
Perhaps most notably, Blake Winburne joins from McDermott Will as co-leader of Orrick’s energy and infrastructure practice, along with McDermott partners Matt Archer and Brad Gathright.
The otherenergy partnersare:
• George Humphrey, project finance partner with Andrews Kurth
• Giji John, project finance partner with Andrews Kurth
• Darrell Thomas, real estate finance partner with Andrews Kurth
• Dahl Thompson, renewable energy finance partner from Andrews Kurth
Lawyers joining inpublic finance :
• Todd Brewer joins as vice chair for Orrick’s public finance practice from McGuireWoods
• Hoang Vu, bond partner with McGuireWoods
• Marcus Deitz, public finance and tax partner with McGuireWoods
• Kathryn Garner, public finance and tax lawyer from Haynes and Boone
• J. Kent Friedman, corporate and public finance lawyer from Haynes and Boone
In theintellectual property andlitigation space:
• Claudia Wilson Frost, former co-chair of DLA Piper’s global and U.S. patent litigation practice.
• Jeffrey Johnson, litigation partner with DLA Piper
• Katherine Ginzburg Treistman, litigation partner with Susman Godfrey
The above list counts 15 lawyers, although two — Kathryn Garner and J. Kent Friedman — are not joining as partners.
Orrick said in a statement that the firm expects to announce an additional seven partners who are joining Orrick, at least five of whom will join later this month.