Bank Negara Malaysia said iPay88’s potential data breach originated from and is confined to the firm’s payment card systems, according to a
- Breach doesn’t involve vulnerabilities in banks’ systems; investigations still ongoing
- Says Malaysia’s payment system remains safe, secure
- Says has instructed banks to immediately notify affected cardholders of additional protective measures against risks of fraudulent or unauthorized transactions
- Banks have also heightened their fraud risk management; monitoring of suspicious or fraudulent activities
- “BNM takes a serious view of any incident that can affect confidence in the payment system, and will not hesitate to take necessary ...